Sunday 1 July 2012

Tour de Fleece - Day 2

Just a very quick update from the spinning wheel this evening. I plied the first two yarns for my Sheep Heid. I tried to ply from both ends of the yarn, but that proved pretty tricky and there were a few tangles! So next time I shall spin half the yarn onto two separate bobbins, and ply from them. I saw on Ravelry that someone else was spinning different yarns onto two bobbins in sections, to make the best use of the bobbins, so I may well try that approach. I do have two rather lovely little skeins, each one about 50 yards, so there's more than enough for a Sheep Heid!!

Tour de Fleece 2012 day 2 002


I also finished spinning the merino/nylon blend that I'm planning to use for a pair of socks.


Tour de Fleece 2012 day 2 003

Will there be enough yardage? The proof of the pudding will be the plying. Call back tomorrow and see if I managed it! xxx

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Those colours will be lovely for Sheep Heid, it's a gorgeous pattern, and is somewhere in my ever-expanding queue!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! i love those mini skeins and your sock yarn is lovely!
i hope you end up with enough yardage!!
-meissa