Thursday 18 June 2015

Unwelcome guests?


I pulled a shawl out of the wardrobe this week as I needed it for part of a costume at school. I spotted a hole in it, and upon closer inspection, it would appear that something has munched its way through two strands of yarn! At this point, I broke out into a cold sweat just thinking about all the other knitted items that are stored alongside this shawl and the damage that might have been done. 


unwelcome visitors (2)


Florence was there to lend moral support as I attempted to fix the damage. This weekend, I shall be brave, and armed with a large bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate, I will take everything out and inspect for any further damage. I obviously need to rethink my storage of handknits. How do you look after yours? I will report back at the weekend; if you don't hear from me, I am probably sobbing under a mountain of moth-eaten woollies! Wish me luck! xxx


unwelcome visitors (1)

3 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

Oh dear.I store mine in a large drawer.Fingers crossed it is a one off and not an invasion!Barbara

Lynne said...

Oh no!! I really hope that this is the only thing that's damaged!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Fingers crossed there's no other damage. I kep my sweaters and socks in the cedar drawers of a narrow bureau, but the other knits (scarves, hats, mitts etc.) i'm starting to store in Mchele's bags. No nasty surprises so far.