Sunday 4 October 2015

All in a good cause


Dashing in to say hello before heading off for a week away with the kids at school. I really want to draw your attention to National Knitting Week which starts tomorrow, October 5th. UK Handknitting are looking for 1000 volunteers to commit to knitting just one item for charity this autumn. A new website should be launching very soon so check it out here. Despite the fact that I have decided that I need to be a more selfish knitter because my knitting time has been severely curtailed recently, I am determined to knit something. There are a huge number of charities who are grateful for knitted or crocheted items. All you have to do is follow this link, select your charity and get crafting. I have decided to knit a Twiddle Muff for dementia sufferers. A Twiddle Muff is a knitted hand muff with items such as beads, zips and ribbons added both inside and outside. They have been designed and developed to provide simple stimulation for restless hands and to promote increased brain stimulation in those suffering from dementia. It sounds like a really interesting thing to knit and helping others is great for that 'warm and fuzzy' feeling. So please sign up to and we can share our progress. Have a great week and I'll see you next weekend. I am super excited because my cushion will be part of a display on the Stylecraft stand at Ally Pally and I am going down on Saturday! Needless to say, Flo was none too happy when I packaged up 'her' cushion and is counting the days until it is returned! xxx




3 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

Famous! I hope Flo realises! ;-) xx

Una said...

Thanks for the links. I'm always looking for different charities who actually welcome knitted goodies.

VeggieMummy said...

Poor Flo - I hope her cushion comes home soon! I imagine she'll miss it terribly now the weather has taken a turn for the worse. xx