Tuesday 18 July 2017

Tour de Fleece day 18


Hellooooooooo! I've missed a couple of days of spinning because I was away at the weekend at Stylecraft HQ, meeting up with the other blogstars. It was a fabulous, busy and inspiring weekend and I'll tell you all about it soon. But for today, you'll have to make do with a photo of my spinning. I have finished spinning up the batt so plying will start tomorrow. I'm interested to see how it turns out. Initially I was going to spin a thicker single, but my standard spinning weight has won through yet again and it will need plying to make it thick enough to use for a cowl or hat. I'll have to dig out my homemade lazy kate as it gives me more control than the one that comes on the wheel. I find that the bobbin spins too much and the yarn unwinds and then tries to ply back on itself, resulting in a tangled mess! xxx



1 comment:

Claire said...

Looking lovely. How many metres will you get out of that once it's been plied to the correct thickness?