Tuesday 12 February 2019

Sweet Peas and an impromptu pair of socks


Thanks for calling in. I've lots of colour to share with you today which will hopefully make you think about warmer, summery days and the heady scent of sweet peas. I have enjoyed taking part in Attic24's CAL very much. I've never done one before but my recent love of crochet blankets spurred me into joining in and it's been great fun! Having a lot of spare time on my hands at the moment, I've managed to keep up with the weekly rows. In fact, I'm quite disappointed that Lucy's planned in a spare 'catch up' week this Friday, so I'm going to have to wait another week before the border is revealed! I'm sure I will find something else to keep busy with though. I've got plenty of balls of the lovely Stylecraft Special DK and am thinking of a knitted blanket. The only thing putting me off is that knitting takes such a long time compared with crochet! (I'm still pondering over a crocheted temperature blanket too!)







In between crocheting, especially when Flo wasn't happy to share my lap with the blanket, I started a pair of my Bee Cosy socks. I didn't realise that the yarn I was using was sport weight rather than double knit, but it seems to have worked out ok! This is an Opal 6 ply sock yarn. 








Someone on Facebook asked me if the pattern would work for 4 ply yarn too, so I jigged around with the stitch count and had a go. Here's sock one of two, knit in Stylecraft Head over Heels All Stars sock yarn. This range is the one that was created by some of the Stylecraft Blogstars. The colourway I've used is called Red Pots and was designed by Lucy from Attic24. I'm really happy with how it turned out and have cast on sock two immediately to hopeful avoid an attack of Second Sock Syndrome! Then I'll write up the pattern and put it on Ravelry for you.







Talking of the All Stars yarn, I received a really gorgeous gift recently from a friend. She wove a scarf using my shade from the All Stars range, Woldgate, and sent it to me. It was a lovely sunny morning today so I was able to take a couple of photos in the garden.







I'll say bye for now and leave you with one of my favourite photos from the last week - a clump of snowdrops flowering in the garden. It really does mean that spring is getting closer and I can't wait! xxx





4 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Those socks look super cosy, and the scarf looks beautiful. Our snowdrops aren't the best this year - I don't know if something has been eating the bulbs, but they are few and far between. xx

Lynne said...

Just love your Blog. I just got thru reading it from the very beginning. [2008] My heart goes out to you on your loss, but we have to keep on trucking!! I speak from experience. Lost a little boy, 14 years old and a husband to heart disease, so know what your going thru!I feel that your husband would want you to carry like he was. Always full of life, busy coming and going. Enjoying the life to the fullest. I enjoy all your knitting and crocheting and sewing!! Those are all things I've been doing for years,plus rug hooking and so much more. It's just wonderful reading all your doing. Don't let yourself get run down. Grieving can cause alot of illnesses. Take care!!xxoo

Cindy said...

Thank you for posting such colorful pictures. I love the socks in both yarn weights- what a fun pattern! Glad you are staying busy and hope you are feeling better. Spring will be here soon!


Lynne said...

So many gorgeous colours in this post! And that woven scarf is amazing.