Tuesday 5 March 2019

Missing my hooky time


Since finishing my Sweet Pea blanket, I've felt a bit at a loose end, unable to focus on any yarny project for any length of time. I know that I'm a bit unsettled as I'm waiting for some test results from the hospital, but I'm going on the basis that 'no news is good news' for now. I actually sat down and made a list of all the projects that I've either started or have plans to start and there are more than 40 on the list! So you'd think that I'd be spoilt for choice and something on that list would appeal to me. But no, I wanted some more hooky action and luckily for me, a friend of a friend had a baby recently. So I went stash diving and pulled out a cake of Stylecraft Batik Swirl. Perfect for a small granny square blanket. I used the Granny Square tutorial from my fellow Blogstar, The Patchwork Heart's blog. It's different to the way I've made Granny Squares in the past as you turn your work over after each round in order to keep it more square. It worked! Can't wait to see the new baby snuggled under it. xxx






7 comments:

Lynne said...

Love the vivid colors! Very pretty. I think the baby will be nice and cozy in it. The Granny Square blankets are great fun to do.I'm making a Granny Square Afghan, but with small squares. Saying a prayer that your tests come out good. Take good care of yourself!!!

Catherine said...

That is what I call a happy blanket. I’m sure the new Mum and baby will love it. I’ve not done any crochet for months now but I have seen the colours that Lucy (Attic24) has arranged for her next project so I will probably join that. Fingers crossed for your results.

Cindy said...

Thinking of you as you are waiting for new test results and hoping that all goes well! I love your baby blanket- nice and square and lovely bright colors. How did you like the yarn you used as compared to the Stylecraft Special DK? Was it as soft and cozy as the Special DK?

VeggieMummy said...

Your blanket is beautiful. I wish that I had been into knitting and crochet when my girls were babies; that's just the sort of thing I would have loved them to have. Great tip about turning the square over too - I'll have to remember that one. Good luck with the test results. xx

makepeacemade said...

Lovely colours. I've run my stash right down when I was making room in the house for baby number 3 and I'm really feeling it now. I have lots of ideas for projects, but don't have the stash to make them from and am finding it difficult to get into town to pick bits up. Finance is always an issue too. I love seeing other people's creations though.

Jennyff said...

Such a lovely gift for the lucky bambino. I'm a bit out of sorts with my knitting too, keep starting stash busting projects and pulling them out. I think I really just want to knit socks. Hope the results come soon so you can settle down to something you really want to make. Fingers crossed.

Lynne said...

This is lovely! you have such a good eye for picking beautifully coloured yarn.