Tuesday 16 July 2019

Meet the original josiekitten




Let me introduce you to the original josiekitten! (Doesn't she bear an uncanny likeness to Flo?) Josie was my first cat, given to me by a friend as a house warming present when I bought my first house! I can still remember the day that we went to the cat sanctuary to choose a cat. My friend wanted to get me a fluffy tabby cat with a funny meow but as I walked past the cage where Josie was, she pushed both her front legs as far through as she could and grabbed hold of me! So she chose me really and there wasn't any more to be said! Josie was definitely a 'one-person' kind of cat. She loved me but could be a tad grumpy with others. But she was a gorgeous girl and we had many happy years together. Her fur was the softest, silkiest fur I have ever stroked (but don't tell Flo that!) When I was looking for a name for my blog, josiekitten felt right. How did you choose your blog name? xxx




5 comments:

Niawynll said...

I had a black Tom cat called Patrick for nearly 20 years, my how I miss him. I now have a tabby but black cats are always my favourites.

VeggieMummy said...

What a fantastic house warming present. We've had 2 black rescue cats in the past: Inky (she came with the name) and Chaucer (our fault that one - well, she had a Canterbury tail!). How lovely that JK chose you. My blog title is because we do actually live on a riverbank and I also have happy memories of the TV programme when I was young. The VM bit is because I am! :0)
Sending hugs to the gorgeous Flo. xx

Lynne said...

She was a beautiful cat and she does look like Flo. Flo has such a precious personality. I think cats are just wonderful. I have five cats. Sir Crumbie, Tello, Abbott, Maggie and Doc.

Jennyff said...

What a sweetheart, she’d be very proud to know she was so honoured and all that JK has achieved. I chose my blog name because my best times are always when I’m wearing flip flops, like just now. I haven’t showered yet, I haven’t had breakfast but I’ve been outside before the heat builds sweeping the terrace, tidying pots, dead heading the garden and generally swanning around, it’s heaven.

Lynne said...

That wee face!!! She's gorgeous, and I love that she picked you.