Thursday 15 August 2019

Granny Square Day 2019




Happy Granny Square Day to you! I chose to make my square using the 4 new shades of Stylecraft Yarns Bellissima DK yarn. I really love working with this yarn and have just finished a Big. Secret. Project using it which I will be able to share with you later in the year. The yarn is 100% acrylic and is spun in a way that makes a very rounded yarn, with great stitch definition and softness. These are the new shades - I find it hard to pick a favourite! How about you?




The Bellissima DK yarn range is interchangeable with the Bambino DK yarns and the two go really well together. There are quite a few colours in the range now and I hope that even more will be added. I'd like to see another purple and green for starters!




Granny Square Day is being organised by Simply Crochet magazine and it's best to head over to Instagram and search the hashtag #grannysquareday2019 to see virtual Granny Square blankets created before your very eyes. Have you made your Granny Square yet? It's not too late! xxx





3 comments:

Robyn said...

I do love the colours. Can't pick a favourite. I do enjoy making rugs and blankets with granny squares.

VeggieMummy said...

Love the teal and the 'precious posy'. Thanks for the granny square reminder - I'm off to dig out my Stylecraft stash! xx

Una said...

These colours are very pretty. I hadn't heard of granny square day. Thanks for pointing me towards it. I must get back to some crochet, which I still find harder to do than knitting.