Sunday 29 September 2019

Another catch up


Hello! Welcome on this miserably damp Sunday. Pour yourself a cuppa, the kettle's just boiled and there's some banana cake if you fancy a slice? Things have been pretty hectic here for the last couple of weeks. I had to go down to King's College Hospital in London for a couple of days of tests and also up to the Salford Royal Hospital to take part in a research project. I've got a sensor, about the size of a £1 coin, attached to my leg, recording my muscle contractions, and feeding back in real time to the research team at Salford, via an app on my phone. The hope is that this technology will detect inflammation in the muscles before it starts to become a big problem, causing permanent damage. Isn't technology amazing? It feels good to be involved in something  that may have a really positive effect for sufferers. I did manage to get some knitting done while I was away, although much of it is secret. But there are a few snippets that I can share with you.





You can find me in the current edition of Crochet Now magazine, as part of the Stylecraft Blogstars Crochet 101 page, giving you a few hints on how to plan your Christmas (yes, I said it!) crochet. If you're a knitter rather than a crocheter, you can still follow my advice. After all, it's less than 100 days now until the Big Day. What a scary thought that is!





An Instagram friend, @florahoneypot, sent me a 'Flora Hug' in the post. Flora was taking her flock of sheep to Yarndale to give out this weekend and she contacted me as she wanted to send me one too. I love our woolly community.




A sneaky peek at something currently on my needles - beautiful rainbow stripes. What could it be?! Shhhh!




My 'Strictly Sockalong 2019' sock is coming along, helped with the glitter ball stitch marker from Ironbridge Yarns. If you would like to add some sparkle to your knitting, Felicity still has some of these in stock. The pattern is my own design and I'm happy with how it looks so far.




Flo was very happy when I returned home. People say that cats are aloof, but that's definitely not true of Flo. She loves company and has kept me pinned to the sofa pretty much since I got back! 

I'll be back on Friday when I will be sharing a new design with you. To say I'm excited is an understatement! xxx

5 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Congratulations on your magazine appearance - it's not a magazine I normally take, but I might try and have a sneaky peak at the supermarket! :0 Your sensor sounds interesting and I love the look of the secret rainbow striped project - can't wait for the reveal. I'm enjoying strictly too, but am hat knitting at the moment. Hugs to the gorgeous Flo and 'yes please' to slice of the banana cake! xx

busybusybeejay said...

Stripes

busybusybeejay said...

Stripes?What could that possibly be.?Intruiging.Barbarax

Lynne said...

Congratulations on being in the magazine, and I love that wee sheep!!

Lynne said...

Like your sock pattern. Be fun to see what other knitting is going to be!! That's the way a cat or most any animal act when there are shone lots of love and attention! xo