Thursday 5 December 2019

Gifting


I love to receive homemade gifts don't you? They are made with love and care and someone has spent time creating something especially for you. When I'm making gifts for people, I try to think of what they would really like as I want it to be just right. As I've got quite a lot of time on my hands at the moment, time wasn't an issue in getting things done in time. I can still remember knitting a sock for Mr JK right up to Christmas Eve one year! Actually, thinking about it, I'm not even sure if I got it finished in time! 

I've made a couple of scarves for friends. The first has been crocheted using a pattern by Lucy over at Attic24. This pattern was created for a special Comic Relief edition of Mollie Makes some years ago but the pattern is very similar to a free one on the Stylecraft website for a Dr Who scarf if you'd like to make your own. I used oddments of Stylecraft Special DK yarn, mostly leftover from my Sweet Pea blanket. I love the texture that the pattern creates. I added lots of fringe and it's very tactile. I just want to keep pulling my fingers through it! And it gave me great satisfaction to sew on a 'josiekitten' label!







As well as crocheting a scarf, I've been busy at the sewing maching. I made a fleecy leopard print scarf for a leopard-loving friend and I backed it with some leftover minky fabric, so it's as soft as you like! I think she will love it! Excuse the colours in the last photo, taken in artificial light. It's a bit shorter than I would have liked, but I was limited by the amount of fleece I had. 






The sewing machine has been kept busy making bunting too. There's something a little bit nostalgic about bunting, I think and I love to see it hanging up. The great thing about bunting is that it can be brought out year after year too, so it's a wonderful reminder of great friendships.


  



Speaking of bunting, I helped a friend to sew some bunting for another friend's dog cage! We've made it reversible with Christmas fabric on one side and bright patterns on the other so it can be up all year round. The next project is to make bunting for some guinea pigs! Seriously! I promise to share photos when it's done!  I'll be back tomorrow to share this Sunday's raffle prize for my Fibres 4 Fibres fundraiser. xxx





5 comments:

Jane Winter said...

I LOVE your label Helen, what a great way to finish your lovely gifts. I like your bunting too. I am glad that you are still able to keep crafting.

Lynne said...

You sure have been a busy beaver. Really like the two scarves you've done! great job !! The bunting looks like a lot of fun to do. You have a wonderful Christmas! xo

VeggieMummy said...

Bunting for pets - that's your new business right there! Beautiful scarves, I'm sure your friends will love them and your new label is fantastic. xx

Suzanne said...

Great gifts! I love your labels!

Christi said...

I really like the bunting, so cute and lovely colors!

Thinking of you,
Kim from Canada xx