Thursday 17 September 2020

Can't stop hooking!

 



I've taken this photo from my fellow Stylecraft Blogstar Lucy over at Attic24's blog. She has just released the most beautiful, happy blanket and I have fallen totally and utterly head over heels in love with it! I have neither the need nor really the time if I'm honest to be making myself another blanket, but I was helpless to resist it. You can find out all the details about the blanket and buy yourself a yarn pack too by taking a look at Lucy's blogpost here. As with all of Lucy's designs, it comes with fabulously detailed photo tutorials, so even if you are new to crochet, you would be able to manage this just fine! 








I've crocheted the first two rows of squares and they are all  joined with ends woven in (polishes halo!) and I've made a start on row 3. You can see these squares in the bottom photo. They need their ends woven in before the final two rounds of colour can be added. I'm trying to limit myself to 4 squares a day (there are 144 in total, plus a wide-ish border) but it's so hard to stop hooking! I'll share my progress in a couple of weeks! xxx



2 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Oh that blanket is glorious! Well done on weaving in those ends; it's always far too easy to leave them and regret it later. I look forward to seeing your blankety progress. xx

Jane Winter said...

That threw me; I logged into your blog and couldn't understand why I had ended up at Attic 24! Phew, I've got my bearings now though. I agree, that blanket is beautiful and her best yet I think. I don't really do crochet and have quite a lot on my plate at the moment so have given it a miss ...... for the time being. I look forward to enjoying it vicariously as you make yours though, so please make sure that you share plenty of pictures. Have a great weekend. Jane x