Wednesday 21 October 2020

Just a big Softie



I finished my jumper! It was a super-fast knit, and I am absolutely thrilled with it. I knit it using Stylecraft's new chunky yarn, Softie, which is 80% premium acrylic and 20% wool, and the finished jumper is light and soft, and feels incredibly cosy. I can't wait for colder weather so that I can snuggle down inside that neck! The yarn comes in six colourways: Cream, Oats, Rosehip, Zest, Peony and Fig. I used one ball of each colour apart from the Rosehip, of which I needed two balls. I love stripes, and knitting it top down meant that I could match the stripes on the sleeves and body which was very satisfying!




I pretty much made up the pattern as I went along, remembering a lovely jumper that I'd bought from Sainsbury's many years ago that had a deep cowl neck. I'm going to try to knit a smaller version for my friend Julia. She's picked the four paler colours - Zest, Cream, Oats and Peony - so I'm going to see how easy (or more likely, tricky!) it is to downscale it. There's a lot of maths involved in grading a pattern for multiple sizes and I'm very uncertain about my skills in doing that! If I do manage it, is it a pattern that you'd be interested in knitting? Please let me know. xxx



4 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

It's beautiful! Boy, you are a fast knitter! xx

harbottphillil said...

Absolutely gorgeous very well done, beautiful colours
Keep well

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, this jumper is lovely! Happy wearing!

Jacquisj said...

Loving your jumper. The colours are perfect. Xx