Friday 11 December 2020

Blogmas Day 11

 🎄🎄🎄 Day 11 🎄🎄🎄

I saw something on the television this week about how long you need to keep an artificial tree for before it becomes as sustainable as a responsibly-disposed of natural tree. I think it was 10 years, or thereabouts. They then showed a photo of a tree that had been sent to them by a viewer whose family had been putting up the same tree for around 100 years. It looked very familiar to me. I still have my Mum's childhood Christmas tree which looked pretty much identical to the one shown. Mr JK and I put it up every year, adding the old decorations too, alongside our own tree. Here's a photo of said tree (from a few years ago) and some of the little angels which were my Mum's too. Do you have any old family decorations that you still use? xxx








1 comment:

Margaret said...

We still have some decorations which don't necessarily get used every year which belonged to my mother-in-law so would be at least 70 years old but probably older. I also have one or two made by my children at school about 35 years ago!