Thursday 28 January 2021

Temperature blanket update

 You might recall that I decided to crochet a temperature blanket last year. I used the Sunburst Granny square pattern (Ravelry link) and picked a rainbow colour palette starting off with cool purples and blues and ending with fiery pinks and reds from the wonderful selection of Stylecraft Special DK yarn. I chose to record the daily high and low temperatures in separate squares, crocheting a round for each day of the week, so that my blanket would end up with 104 squares. I needed to add 4 plain squares, one in each corner, so that it would fit together - 9 x 12 squares. I found that I was able to keep up with it pretty well as there wasn't a huge amount to crochet each day. I joined the squares together in rows using the Silver colourway, with the highs at the top, the lows at the bottom and meeting in the middle. Then came the decisions about the border. Eventually, I decided that I would continue the Granny square border and crochet one round in each of the colours I used, starting with the lowest and ending with the highest temperature, so that it would almost be like a thermometer bordering the blanket. I'm not quite sure how many rounds I have to crochet altogether as I had to increase the number of colours at the high end thanks to a rather hot summer. Because the blanket is rather large, it's impossible to work on it when Flo is around. She'd end up getting smothered! So I've taken the blanket upstairs so I can crochet it while I'm resting on the bed. I've just started round 8 and I'm not sure that I'm even halfway done yet! I will share more photos when it's finished. Keep safe and see you soon! xxx


*** The first few weeks of January 2020 - lows ***



*** The first few weeks of January 2020 - highs ***



*** Hotting up one week in the summer ***



*** Sneaking in some hooky time away from Flo working on the border! ***
(And yes, I still have ALL the joining Silver ends to sew in - all 216 of them!)



*** Just beginning round 9 of the border! ***




2 comments:

zetor said...

Looks so cozy, just what we need a day like today. Take care.

VeggieMummy said...

Your blanket is looking fabulous and super cosy. I bet Flo can't wait to get her paws on it. Good luck weaving in all those ends! xx