Wednesday 31 March 2021

Sock Quintet

I've been on a bit of a sock knitting frenzy over the past few weeks. They are my go-to  project when I need some mindless knitting and I can't concentrate on anything more complicated. Three of the pairs are for me, and two are gifts. They are all plain vanilla socks where the beautiful yarn is able to show itself off and doesn't need any extra pattern.



*** Pair number 1 ***

These are knit using a skein of yarn from The Yarn Badger and they are quite possibly my favourite pair of socks at the moment! The yarn colourway is called 'Double Rainbow' and it's my first sock in the Rainbow Sock Chronicles 2021, which is being run by Kelly from Lay Family Yarn and Jooles from Sew Sweet Violet. The contrast heel and toe is a mini from Stripey Cat Yarn. 




*** Pair number 2 ***
This pair are knit using a sock set from Stripey Cat Yarns in a colourway called 'To New Beginnings - 2021' but you can still purchase it under its new name 'Nature's Rainbow'. I chose this yarn to knit when I had to go into hospital recently as I thought the good yarn vibes would help! These are also part of my Rainbow Sock Chronicles socks.




*** Pair number 3 ***

Another stripy rainbow pair, this time using a self striping yarn from The Knitting Goddess in the colourway 'Rainbow on Silver'. This yarn felt a little bit thinner than the two previous yarns, and might have knitted up slightly more densely if I'd used 2.25mm needles instead of my usual 2.5mm ones. But I still love them! 




*** Pair number 4 ***

This pair are a gift for my friend's niece as she requested a pair of rainbow striped socks. I bought the yarn from Fab Funky Fibres in their 'Walking on Rainbows' colourway and they are really stunning. I am in awe of the self-striping yarn dyers because it takes hours of work to dye these skeins. 




*** Pair number 5 ***

This pair is for my friend's birthday next week and I've used a ball of Opal 4 ply sock yarn that I had in my stash. You can't fail with Opal yarn as it washes and wears really well, and is nice and cosy too. 




Which pair are your favourites? Leave a comment to let me know! Keep safe and well. xxx



 

4 comments:

Jane Winter said...

Wow! These are all beautiful. I must crack on with my funky fibre rainbow socks; I just have the second toe to finish.

harbottphillil said...

All lovely, such amazingly coordinated striping per pair. Favourite pairs 1 and 5..just couldn't decide. Stay safe and well
Sally

VeggieMummy said...

Gosh, you have been busy! Your needles must have been a blur! I love all the rainbow yarns but I think the rainbows on silver is my favourite. Lucky recipients. I hope you are able to get out a bit more as shielding comes to an end. xx

DebbyMc said...

My favorites are #1 and #5. Especially #1! I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on a skein of that! Apparently, from its popularity, I'm not the only one! 😁 All are really beautiful socks, Helen. And I'm impressed by the quantity!