Thursday 15 April 2021

Easter socks

I am so in love with my latest pair of self striping socks! The yarn is from Dragon Hill Studio, and it has been dyed to look like Cadbury's Creme Eggs. It is only dyed up once a year before Easter and I wasn't quick enough to snaffle any last year, so I made sure I was ready this year! The colourway is called 'How do you knit yours?' and it arrived in a box with added treats! The yarn is caked up in such a way that it shows off the colours beautifully. 






I quickly chose a project bag to coordinate nicely and cast on with the silver mini contrast yarn. Instead of adding an afterthought heel, I decided to do a short row heel and I think that it fits me slightly better. I also tried out a round toe instead of my usual wedge toe, just for a change. I'll see how comfortable it is once I've worn them. 






I got distracted between socks with another project, but finished the second sock earlier this week. I have enough yarn left over to make another pair too, so am very happy about that! Needless to say, the Creme Eggs are long gone! I'm sure they're not as big as they used to be, although they are a lot sweeter than I remember too! Keeping with my love of childhood sweets, I've ordered some Liquorice Allsorts yarn from Stripey Cat Yarns too! I don't think that I will ever tire of stripy socks! Stay safe and well. xxx












 

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

I love self-striping yarn and this is fantastic - sorry I missed it! The contrasting silver works well too. There's something about self-striping yarn that makes socks fly off the needles; I think it's the 'just one more stripe' effect! Looking forward to seeing the Allsorts yarn. xx