Saturday 15 May 2021

Six Happy Things

*** A proper cuppa ***
I'm loving my new teapot and mug from Cornishware. I bought them as seconds, but can't see anything wrong with either of them! Perfect for my breakfast cuppa made with Yorkshire Tea (of course!) The coaster is from Poppy Treffry, another Cornish gem!



*** Scented candles ***
I've discovered a new, local company who make the most deliciously scented candles. I chose a mixed  box of four candles and picked 'fruity' as my scent. They arrived really promptly and were beautifully packaged with a personalised note. They all smell lovely and I will definitely be ordering more of them. The company is called Wells Huts Soap & Candle Co.



*** International Nurses Day ***
I was delighted to be contacted by my local hospital to see if I could sew some more flags for them to use in a display to celebrate World Nurses Day this week. I made a couple last year and they were still a few flags missing to represent all of the countries that their nurses come from. I ended up making another four and think that the display looks amazing! Thank you so much to all the nurses for the amazing job that they do.



*** Wild garden ***
My garden is in desperate need of a bit of a tidy up but in the meantime, I am embracing the wild look and know that it's providing the wildlife with a lovely home!



*** Puppy ***
My friend has got a new puppy so I bought him a little welcome gift. It's a henhouse with three chicks inside it that the dog can remove. My friend sent me some photos of Rufus having fun with it! 





*** New stripy yarn ***
I could  not resist ordering a skein of this amazing sock yarn from Stripey Cat Yarns. Sarah has the most clever ideas for her self-striping yarns and I absolutely love this one! Now I need a box of Liquorice Allsorts to munch on! 




What's made you happy this week? Leave me a comment to let me know what's made you smile. Stay safe. xxx
 

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love the 6 happy things. We do something on Fridays with my work team. Someone on Thursday gives everyone a topic for Friday Share. This Friday was 5 things you enjoy, could be 5 of one topic, or 5 random things. It was fun to read.

That puppy is adorable and I love his toy. Also love the rest of your happy things. I can't wait to see that yarn knit up.

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful happy things. That yarn really looks like liquorice allsorts! I love Cornishware and those scented candles sound divine. xx

Jane Winter said...

Oh Helen; I love your garden. Genuinely, please DO carry out embracing the look, even when you have more energy. Us humans take up so much space in the world and poor old wildlife barely gets a look in. When we can combine a garden that looks as beautiful as yours does with making a home for wildlife what's not to love? Have you heard of No-Mow-May by the way? We tend to move our own lawn once a year with just a path mown through and we get so many wildflowers in it (aka weeds!). I do appreciate that it's not everyone's idea of beauty!
That liquorice allsort yarn is amazing. I am on a yarn diet but oh, it is SO tempting.
Take care
Jane x

Jennyff said...

All your happy things make me happy too. I delighted last week in finding Twinnings English breakfast tea locally, almost as good as Yorkshire and we now have 2 months tea supply, meeting new Danish neighbours who are renovating a house nearby and finding so many beautiful wild flowers in our orchard, Your wild garden is lovely, we should all have an area for nature and we should all take delight in the simple things. Have a great week.