Thursday 15 July 2021

Hot off the needles!

These socks almost knit themselves! There is something incredibly addictive about knitting with patterned sock yarn. I want to keep on knitting just to see the next round of pattern. This pair are for my rheumatology consultant and I hope she will like them. The yarn has been a big hit over on Instagram, with lots of people asking me about it. It's from the Opal Viridian Schafpate range and the colourway is Thelma 7952. They have it in stock at the Wool Warehouse, although stock has dwindled and they currently only have 3 balls left. (There were 16 when I looked last week.) If you're interested in getting a ball, you can find it here. I won this yarn in a recent Instagram giveaway and am always happy to give Opal yarn a home. It's a great sock yarn for every day use, and washes and wears really well. I spotted in the photos that I'd managed to knit a pretty close to matchy-matchy pair, which was quite unintentional and more satisfying for that! High five to me! 







If you'd like to find out more about how the Opal yarn is made, I can recommend watching this video. It's fascinating. Now please excuse me while I rummage through my stash for my next pair of socks! xxx

 

3 comments:

Jane Winter said...

Another pair of beautiful socks Helen; well done! I know what you mean about impatiently waiting for the next colour to appear when knitting with self striping yarns, it definitely keeps it interesting.

Take care

Jane

DebbyMc said...

Can't wait to start mine. Great video!

VeggieMummy said...

That yarn is gorgeous. It's very satisfying when socks fly off the needles. I feel I may frog my spiral socks as I'm struggling being motivated! xx