Wednesday 28 July 2021

Southwold Summer Wrap Makealong progress





The makealong for my Southwold Summer Wrap is coming towards the end. It's been a lot of fun joining in with the other knitters in the Stylecraft Makealong group on Facebook. I have particularly enjoyed looking at the different colour combinations chosen and how it can totally change the appearance of the shawl. My own version, using Stylecraft Naturals Bamboo and Cotton yarn in Coral, Celery and Blush, has reached the final section and I should finish it over the weekend.




I'm delighted to be able to share some of the finished shawls with you too. I feel a bit like a proud mum seeing how their shawls have turned out!

*** Joanna's shawl ***
Naturals Bamboo & Cotton in Ecru, Seafoam and Surf



*** Jill's shawl ***
Stylecraft Naturals Bamboo & Cotton in Ecru, Seafoam and Aqua



*** Sandra's shawl ***
Stylecraft Naturals Bamboo & Cotton in Buttermilk, Celery and Thyme



*** Anci's shawl ***
Anci used yarn with a similar bamboo and cotton mix that she bought in Sweden.




*** Susan's shawl ***
Stylecraft Naturals Bamboo & Cotton in Seafoam, Ecru and Surf. I love how she changed the order of the colours and it looks quite different to the original.



Although the makealong is coming to a close, you can still buy the pattern from my Ravelry store here  if you'd like to knit your own version. You've only got a few days left to take advantage of the discount code 'summerwrap' which will get you 25% off until the end of July. All proceeds from pattern sales are being donated to my Fibre 4 Fibres fundraising and so far, I've added £410 to the total. Thank you so much if you've already bought a copy and I hope you enjoy knitting and wearing it! xxx



 

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

Gorgeous knits. You must feel like a very proud mummy seeing your patterns come to life! xx