Friday 24 December 2021

A bit of a making frenzy!

I've been busy making things, catching up on lost time when my hands were too painful to do a great deal. It has felt very good to be back doing lovely creative things at long last. First to be made was a sweet little baby hat and two bears for a friend of a friend. One bear for the new born baby and the other for his big sister. The hat is my go-to for baby knits as it's so quick and easy. It's called the Rialto Baby Beanie pattern by Haley Waxberg and you can download the pattern for free from Ravelry here. The bears are a great introduction to making crocheted toys. The pattern is called Billy Bear and it's by one of my fellow Stylecraft Blogstars, Emma Varnam. Emma has a shop where you can buy her patterns and kits here








I've also been busy sewing. First some festive doggy bandanas for my friend's three dogs to wear on Christmas Day. Hopefully I'll get a photo of them wearing them to share with you. The Christmassy dog print fabric is so cute and I used this on the bandana for Rufus as I know he will wear it a lot. The other two are working dogs so don't really wear them a great deal.





I made myself an Advent calendar! I bought this fabric panel the summer before Mr JK died. Although I've made lots of Advent calendars for friends, I  just haven't felt ready to make this one until now. So it's ready and waiting for Christmas 2022. Just call me super-organised! 





Lastly for now, I finished off a cushion for my friend. She cut out the pieces for this cushion over three years ago, and it's sat in a box ever since. I sneaked it out of her house and made it up for her. The pattern is the Contact Print Pillow from Crazy Mom Quilts. I added a piece of ribbon although it should say 'years' rather than 'hours' I think! My favourite square is the little black kitty square as it reminds me of Flo. 






I was hoping to knit a couple of pairs of socks as Christmas gifts too, but I don't think there's any chance of me doing that today! They will just have to be IOU's! Have you been making any last minute gifts for friends? Please tell me I'm not the only one! xxx













 

4 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I haven’t done any knitted gifts this year.Last year I made all the family something,hats,scarves,cowls etc.The are eleven of us so quite a task but it kept me busy.
Happy Christmas to you Helen.
Stay safe and warm.
Barbarax

Jennyff said...

It wasn’t my best idea to start knitting Christmas stocking decorations last week. I am still knitting them on Christmas Eve obviously getting a good start for next Christmas. Maybe next year we should give each other a nudge to get started on the gifts around July. However despite the frenzy your last minute knits are lovely and will be much appreciated. Have a happy Christmas.

Clicky Needles said...

Happy Christmas JK. CN x

VeggieMummy said...

So many wonderful gifts - the baby hat is very cute and your Advent Calendar is gorgeous. I'm sure that Flo will look forward to a little kitty treat each day! xx