Wednesday 29 December 2021

Betwixtmas

Morning! (At least I think it is!) These days between Christmas and New Year almost merge into one, don't they? I haven't got a clue what day of the week it is! All I know is that pyjamas and onesies are acceptable clothing and mince pies are perfect breakfast treats! Did you have a nice Christmas? Mine was quiet but lovely, exactly what I wanted. I spent part of Christmas Day with my friend, her partner and their dogs - and good news! The bandanas looked great!




On Christmas Eve I opened my Christmas Eve box which was a treat to myself that I'd bought from one of my Instagram friends, Helena, who has her own Etsy shop, Edelweiss Blossoms. The whole box had a wonderful vintage feel, with a gorgeous skein of yarn in the colourway 'Footprints in the Snow', a project bag, a candle holder and tea lights and some other treats. I haven't yet wound the yarn as I still  have gift knitting to finish, but I am planning a Cast On party in the New Year!




Since Christmas, I've finished two pairs of socks that were meant to be Christmas presents, and still have a couple more pairs to do. The blue and grey pair are knit using DK yarn, so they were a fairly quick knit. The yarn is Opal. The socks in the Christmassy colours are knit using one of the yarns from Stylecraft's festive Head over Heels yarn pack. I had great plans for all four balls of yarn when I received them, but sadly my fingers had other ideas!





I have also been knitting on my Advent socks, playing catch up! The yarn was an Advent skein from The Yarn Badger, and the idea was to knit a stripe every day throughout December so that by Christmas Day, I'd have a finished pair of socks. Flo has been supervising and tells me that I need to get a wiggle on if I want to have them finished for the start of 2022! Wish me luck! xxx



 

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

The bandanas look great, as do the socks. I have a betwixtmas birthday, just to complicate things at this time of year! Enjoy your casting on party! xx