Thursday 24 February 2022

Sock progress





Things have been going pretty well with my sock knitting for all the rheumatology nurses. I have knitted one sock from three pairs, started a fourth pair and also am over half way through a pair of mitts. I had planned to start knitting the partner socks for the individual socks that I'd knitted, but was seduced by a new Head over Heels sock yarn range from Stylecraft. It's one of the new colours in the 'Colours of the World' range which has been created in collaboration with Stuart Hillard, who was a contestant in the first series of the Great British Sewing Bee. You can see all the colours here and they should be available to buy from your local yarn shop now. I MUST get the partner socks cast on soon or I won't have a finished pair to take with me when I'm back at the hospital the week after next! I will report back after the weekend to let you know how it's going! xxx



 

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

Oh, all those glorious socks in gorgeous yarns! I was wondering if you asked all the nurses for their foot size beforehand or if you are just very good at assessing from a distance? I'd probably get it hopelessly wrong! Good luck with those second socks. xx