Monday 23 May 2022

More Macarons!

I've been busy making more Macaron cushions to go with my new garden furniture. Instead of using Stylecraft Special DK, this time I used Stylecraft's Naturals Organic Cotton yarn as it has a lovely range of colours. So far I've made one crocheted cushion and one knitted cushion and I have enough yarn to make at least one more. These are smaller cushions than those I made for the Garden Party, so I didn't do as many rounds in each colour. I decided not to add any flowers to these but I did do a crocheted picot edging on both of them.





You can see the picot edging better in these photos. I joined the front and back of the knitted cushion covers by doing a double crochet round through the cast off stitches before adding the picot round and I think it looks pretty. 





Here are the yarns that I used. I picked them specifically to match the lap quilt that I made a few years ago. Going clockwise from 12 o'clock, the colours are Sea Green, Cardoon, Artichoke, Bone, Blossom, Flamingo, Plum, Indigo Wash, Azure, Faded Denim and Blue Lagoon. I decided to leave Bone out of the colour scheme once I'd made a start on them. 




If you'd like to make your own version of the Macaron cushions, the pattern comes with instructions for both knitted and crocheted versions. You can find the pattern here in my Ravelry designer page and the code 'gardenparty' will get you a discount until the end of May. I am donating all proceeds from pattern sales to my Fibre4Fibres fundraising for Myositis UK. Happy Macaron making! xxx

 

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

Such lovely colours and they go beautifully with your grey sofa. xx