Thursday 1 December 2022

Blogmas Day 1

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„ Day 1 ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

I'm going to see if I can manage a daily mini-blog post in the countdown to Christmas Day. Today, like many other knitting and crochet addicts, I opened my yarn Advent yarn. I have two Advent skeins this year - the top one is from Spin & Blether and is called 'Jolly Holibobs!' and the bottom one is from The Yarn Badger and is called 'Santa's Rainbow'. I LOVE self-striping sock yarn and the more colourful, the better! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿงก๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’— I am planning to knit a couple of stripes each day and have cast on one of each pair so far. I seem to have misplaced some of my 2.5mm circular needles so please do have a check in your knitting bag and see if you have them in there! If I can't find them tomorrow, I will just have to buy a couple more pairs but I know that they must be hiding somewhere! I'll share my progress in a future post. Have you treated yourself to any Advent yarn this year? xxx




 

2 comments:

Jane Winter said...

Ooooo - what a treat; a daily blog post. I shall really look forward to that Helen (but we won't hold you to it if life gets in the way). Your yarn is gorgeous. I am currently knitting advent yarn from several years ago and my husband kindly bought me a seed advent calendar this year! However, the seeds from day 2 are unlablled mystery seeds so I hope that the rest of the calendar is better labelled.
Best wishes

Jane x

VeggieMummy said...

I agree, self striping sock yarn is such fun and seems to knit up really quickly - just one more stripe .......! I do an advent calendar swap with the lovely Barbara from Coastal Ripples. Opening that little packet is a lovely way to start the day in December. Happy knitting! xx