Sunday 4 December 2022

Blogmas Day 4

🎄🎄🎄 Day 4 🎄🎄🎄

I have told you before about my love of robins, I truly do believe in the saying 'When robins appear, a loved one is near.' When one of my favourite yarn dyers, Kelly, from Lay Family Yarn announced a new club for 2023 related to an Almanac all about nature, I was interested. And when I heard that the first month's yarn was for the robin, I knew I had to buy a sockset. I decided to add an extra miniskein to go with the main brown speckled skein and the robin's egg minskein so that I could also highlight the robin's red breast. I am hoping to design a new pattern to go with the yarn - watch this space! The Almanac is really interesting, full of bits and pieces of information and it's going to be a bit of gentle bedtime reading each month. I've seen it on sale in a bigger branch of Sainsbury's and I'm sure it's also available in other bookshops. Do you have a favourite bird? xxx




 

No comments: