Monday 27 April 2009

Lots of WIP's

I finally finished Michael's summery stripy socks. After they'd been washed, they fluffed up a bit, and the yarn felt a little better. But I don't think that I'll be buying any more of that yarn, even though I love the colours. I hope he likes them.

Michael's summery stripy socks 003

I've started two more pairs of socks. The first is another plain pair for Mr Josiekitten's cousin, using Opal Circus yarn. I can't believe how quickly they are knitting up. I started on Saturday evening, when we were at a concert given by Chris Newman and Maire Ni Chathasaigh, a fabulous guitar and Irish harp duo. By the end of the concert, I'd almost reached the heel flap! This is what they look like so far......

Monika's circus socks WIP

I've also started scarf for Mr Josiekitten's half-sister. We are going to stay with her over the summer when we are travelling round Germany. It's from issue 13 of Yarn Forward, and I'm using 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I like the pattern, although I am concerned that the edges will curl.

Renate's scarf

My Ishbel is also coming along nicely - I'm on the 3rd lace chart now, and it's taking me about 15 minutes just to knit one row!

Finally, I've chosen my pattern for the May Sock Challenge socks - Nutkin. Partly chosen because there is a KAL just starting on Phoenix Knitting Forums, I've liked this pattern ever since I saw Snoopydog's Nutkin socks. I have changed the yarn I was intending to use for a later month's, because the Koigu I had lined up seems a little short on yardage, so will have to be used for a pair of toe-up socks instead. I'm using a sock yarn that I bought at the I Knit day last September - Madeline Tosh hand-dyed merino in Chatres. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colours - the yarn just seems to glow!


Nutkins socks

2 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

Oh my! Those Nutkins look gorgeous! The yarn is so so pretty. I love the colourways of the other two pairs of socks too. I think I need to knit another pair with a self-patterning yarn; it's so lovely watching the pattern develop.

tammy said...

I luv the colors and pattern. Also luv the Circle Socks and how the yarn knitted up w/ stripes.

Very inspired!