Saturday 11 August 2018

Virtual Fibre-East 2018


If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I've volunteered at Fibre-East for several years now. It's the most local-to-me fibre event and I love it. It promotes everything that is great about British fibre and has things to interest every kind of fibre enthusiast. So I was very disappointed not to be going again this year due to my current health issues. I had allowed myself a small yarn budget too; yes, I know that my stash needs no enhancing at all, but it's nice to have a yarny souvenir or two to remember the weekend, isn't it?! So I was delighted when Allison, one of the key people running FE, offered to do a little shopping for me. Allison is famous amongst the FE team for her superb stealth shopping skills. No one ever sees her actually buying anything, yet each year she comes away with a bag or three bulging with yarn and fibre. So I knew that I was in the hands of a true professional. WhatsApp messages and photos went back and forth all weekend and these are the beauties that came home to live with me...









The glorious purple skein was picked out for me by Sarah, aka Babylonglegs. The sparkly rainbow yarn cake is from Dragon Hill Studio. The fibre is from John Arbon (who else?!) and the rainbow of mini skeins are from RiverKnits. I find it amazing that Becci's studio is on a narrowboat. I love them all and it was the perfect pick-me-up parcel to receive. Thank you so much Allison.

As part of my role being a Stylecraft Blogstar, I've written a post for the Stylecraft blog this month on how crafting has helped me deal with grief. Throughout the whole of 2018, Stylecraft are promoting Wellbeing through crafts. Do go and take a look through some of the blogposts about different aspects of fibre crafts and how they can help us to feel better. I know how much knitting and crochet help me to relax and unwind. I've just cast on a sock in my new sparkly rainbow yarn to see me through the numerous hospital visits I have ahead of me. A bit of waiting room knitting has got to be good for me! xxx

7 comments:

Sarah Knits said...

What a fabulous shopper you had, that selection is amazing! Sending big hugs for your hospital visits and hoping the sock knitting will help keep you sane as you sit waiting xx

VeggieMummy said...

I have never been to Fibre East and actually had it written on my calendar for this year. As it turned out, my daughter was home and was ill, so we had a quiet weekend instead. Maybe next year. Your virtual purchases are lovely. Good luck with your hospital appointments - I'm sure your waiting room knitting will help pass the time beautifully. xx

Jo said...

I have dipped into your blog frequently over the last couple of years - and have delighted in the things you have made and been inspired by them. My knitting and crochet creation and production over this time has been a constant companion through a very difficult time of health issues for myself and close family members. So many best wishes for your next few weeks, and I hope that the holiday is also providing some time to restore your reserves a bit too. All the best.

Lynne said...

Ooo!!! What gorgeous buys! I love the Baby Long Legs yarn and the rainbow yarn. Top markers to your Shopper!

Christi said...

A lovely selection of yarns! I especially love the Baby Long Legs skein, such a beautiful variation of purples!

Kim from Canada

Cherie said...

Such beautiful colors in that whole Fiber East package-- smile-making, for sure! I will be thinking of you in the coming weeks, and sending prayers on your behalf, while you deal with your health situation. Hugs!
Cherie (bwarnergroup)

The VikingBunny said...

I'm not about to check out fibre east just now, die to proximity (yay Australia, lol), but i enjoyed llivin vicariously through your post!

Warm supportive thoughts during your hospital visits. Yarn makes a great waiting companion!