Tuesday 4 September 2018

A bit of a catch up


I'm sorry that I haven't been posting very much over the summer. My holiday has been dominated by hospital appointments and endless tests. I still don't have a diagnosis, but am hoping that a few of the real nasties have been eliminated. I'm not returning to school this week as I'm not well enough, and that feels very strange; I feel guilty that I'm not going to be there but know that I need to be sensible and follow medical advice until I'm better. I don't feel like I've done a great deal other than sleep in between times but here's a snapshot of summer chez josiekitten. xxx


My first ever proper manicure! The name of the polish is 'Princesses Rule'!



Lots of Flo time 😊





A walk by UEA Broad



The start of a new secret project ...




Sewing a cute kitty project bag



Buying some West Yorkshire Spinners sock yarn in the special Marie Curie colourway to knit socks for an Instagram friend to give all the patients in a Marie Curie hospice.



Chips by the sea before a hospital appointment



Helping a friend sew a new bandana for her dog!



A brief stroll around the walled garden at Felbrigg Hall



Helping a friend to make her first patchwork quilt and cushion.



Comfort knitting at the hospital







12 comments:

Jane Winter said...

How lovely to hear from you Helen. I have been thinking of you lots over the summer and wishing you well. I hope that you get a diagnosis soon and that you are able to get some helpful treatment. You have nevertheless been very busy and all of your projects look lovely.So do your nails! Take care Jane

busybusybeejay said...

I was wondering where you were.Have missed your posts.I do hope you get things sorted out health wise soon.Don't rush back to work.Keep us posted and fingers crossed everything is ok.I am sure it will be.x

Suzanne said...

I hope the dr's figure everything out soon. I am sure Flo is taking very good care of you.

weavinfool said...

Take care. Sending you warm hugs and healing thoughts.

Christi said...

I've been thinking of you and hoping that you will get good health news and be feeling better soon. Your summer projects are lovely, I especially like the new bandana for your friend's pup, he looks very smart in it! Your nails look very nice too, the color is lovely :) Sending you good thoughts and hugs.

Kim in Canada xx

VeggieMummy said...

Hi Helen. So sorry to hear tat you are still unwell, but glad that your summer contained so many happies: love the kitty bag, the photos of darling Flo, and who doesn't love chips on the beach?! Can't wait to see your new project. Sending virtual get well hugs. xx

Jennyff said...

Lovely to hear from you and to see you’ve been keeping busy. Let’s hope for some positive news soon though Flo would probably like you to stay home with her as long as possible.

Lynne said...

Hi Helen! Hope you get to the bottom of it really soon, and are back on your feet. Loving all your photos and makes. Lynne

Lyn said...

Glad to hear you are taking it easy and resting up, hope you get sorted soon. You have been very busy considering you have been resting! Fingers crossed for you xxx

Retiringvsoon said...

Hi Helen thanks for the catch up I’ve been wondering how you are ❤️ Have missed seeing your posts in the mornings on Instagram of yours and Flo’s adventures, so have really enjoyed your patchwork and quilting updates. I really do want to have a go, it’s on my very long list�� Sorry to hear that you’ve not had the best summer hols and it must be strange not returning just yet. Hope you may soon have some answers and start to feel stronger. Take care of yourself and crack on with that secret project I await with interest ����❤️❤️

Saren Johnson said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Cherie said...

Hoping you get a diagnosis soon! Sending positive thoughts!