Sunday 16 September 2018

Happy Hooking


I cannot begin to tell you just how much I am loving working on my Attic24 Harmony blanket. The colours are just delightful and make me feel happy and relaxed. I am following Lucy's instructions on the pattern and making a strip of squares at a time and joining them. After making my first square to check that I understood the pattern, I made them as a production line, crocheting all of round 1, then 2 and so on, so it was easy to remember the pattern. I ended up having all the ends to sew in before I joined them. So with the second strip, I am trying a different approach to the ends. After completing round 2 on a square, I'm sewing in the ends of round 1. So by the time I get to the end of each square, I will only have 2 rounds of ends to deal with. I will see which I prefer. My days have been very colourful indeed this week as you can see...

Round 1



 Round 2



 Round 3



Round 4



The ends!



Round 5 square stack



Round 5 square love






Strip 1 joined




Flo complained that it wasn't going to keep her very warm!



As well as this blanket, I also have Jane Crowfoot's Eastern Jewels blanket, recoloured by my lovely Stylecraft Blogstar friend Lucia to work on. My great pal Snoopydog and I have been working on the first octagon together. It wasn't very sociable crochet as we both had to concentrate hard on the pattern. Definitely a blanket that will be much better done as a production line so it's easier to remember the pattern. I do love it so it will be worth all the effort.




It's been a hectic week of hospital appointments too - three in one week. I am much closer to finding out what's going on with just a couple more tests and scans needed before treatment can start. In the meantime, all my yarny pleasures are a wonderful distraction. I'll be back tomorrow with something I've been itching to share with you for ages! xxx

5 comments:

weavinfool said...

I’m inspired to start one of the Lucy blankets after seeing yours. What are those bits of yarn in the plastic box?
I hope you get treatment soon. All that testing makes it sound serious. Best wishes and hopes!

JAG said...

weavinfool,

I think those are extremely colorful stitchmarkers.

JK,

I hope that you get some resolution soon! Although it sounds like it is getting within reach, which must alleviate some source of worries, even if not all of them. We'll be thinking of you this week and wishing you well.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I hope you get answers soon.....yes...you have had a very colorful week!

Lynne said...

Your blanket is looking brilliant, and I love all the colours. Also love that last crochet photo.

VeggieMummy said...

Yours is going to be such a cosy house this winter with all that yarny goodness to keep you warm. You look very organised with your colours all sorted. Hoping that the final hospital tests are conclusive so that you can begin whatever treatment is necessary. I imagine all the uncertainty is very frustrating. Sending hugs to you and Flo. xx