Wednesday 6 May 2020

2.6 Challenge


The Sunday before last, I took part in the 2.6 Challenge. This was devised to raise money particularly for the smaller charities who rely on fundraisers taking part in the London Marathon. With this year's event being postponed, it is having serious consequences for charities such as Myositis UK, as the London Marathon is their biggest fundraiser each year. On the day that the marathon should have been run, I knitted for 2.6 hours on a pair of Rainbow Ripple trainer socks, and have subsequently added more 26 minute knitting slots until yesterday, when I finished them! I have been asking people on social media to donate £2.60 to my JustGiving page, and then all names will be put into a hat and a winner chosen at random. The winner will receive the socks. They will fit a medium sized adult foot. 






If you'd like to add your name into the hat, please make a donation of £2.60 over on my JustGiving page here. Make sure you tick the box to share your details so I can get in contact with you if you're the winner. I'm leaving the donations open until midnight on Friday 8th May and will pick a winner on Saturday. The gorgeous yarn is from Fab Funky Fibres and the pattern is my own Rainbow Ripples socks which you can find here if you'd like to knit your own pair. Thank you so much for your support and keep safe. xxx

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

I hadn't heard of the 2.6 challenge; what an excellent idea. The rainbow ripple socks are beautiful and make a great prize. xx