Monday 18 May 2020

Mermaids' Playtime




I'm really happy to be able to share my latest sock pattern with you all today. It's actually over a year old and I've been very bad about writing it up. The pattern is called 'Mermaids' Playtime' and I designed it for my friend Julia. She loves mermaids and I think that in a former life, she must have been one because she swims effortlessly, gliding through the water. I feel quite envious when I watch her. One day when we were at the beach, I was watching her in the sea and imagined her playing in the gently rippling waves, having fun with the mermaids. So that's how the sock came about. It uses the same stitch pattern as my recently released Rainbow Ripples trainer socks. But for this pattern, I've written it for two sizes, medium and large. It's an easily memorised 4 row pattern that creates beautiful waves of colour down the leg and foot. I used Stylecraft Head over Heels All Stars yarn in the 'Pool' colourway and it worked out perfectly. Beautiful shades of greens and blues to remind you of the ocean. The All Stars yarn range is currently on offer at WoolWarehouse for £5.99 a ball.










The pattern is available to download for free from my Ravelry page here. I decided to make it a free pattern because I'd already released the trainer sock as a free pattern, but if you feel like donating a little something to my JustGiving page, that would be very much appreciated. Thank you. xxx


PS This yarn also looks good as a trainer sock. I didn't quite manage to make both pairs from one ball, but if you did one pattern repeat less on the leg of the socks, I reckon you'd have enough to knit both! 






3 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful pattern and the colourway is right up my street. You've made me long for the beach! xx

Jennyff said...

Lovely but how did you manage to match the tiled background to your lovely socks. I am so impressed.

Jane Winter said...

The perfect combination of colour and pattern; beautiful!