Wednesday 2 September 2020

Sock season is upon us!





This photo was taken on Sunday and can you believe that I had to put on a pair of socks in August? It was so chilly, I think that Flo was imploring me with those big eyes to put the heating on too! (I didn't, that is a long way off yet!)  This pair is one of Mr JK's, knit in the colours of the German flag. If you are a sock knitter, you already know the pleasure that a simple pair of handknit socks can give. Soft, warm and cosy. I love both knitting and designing socks and always have several pairs on the go. Some are plain vanilla, where the yarn speaks for itsef, while others have more pattern. I have four or five designs that are almost ready for publication, which is rather exciting. I just need to be strict with myself and set aside some time to finish writing up the patterns and getting some photos done. Socks are, at least for me, a very easy and comforting knit. So I was delighted to see that an Autumn Sockalong has been arranged by my friend Helen (florahoneypot) and her friend Caroline (carolinelovetosew) on Instagram. It's running from the beginning on September until the end of October, so there's plenty of time to join in. I believe there may be some prizes too! But regardless, it's always fun to share a bit of socky love with like minded friends. 

I've chosen a set of Misfit Miniskeins that were gifted to me by the lovely Hayley at Ducky Darlings. They shouted out 'Autumn!' to me, so I've split each skein in half and wound them into balls ready to cast on. I'm not entirely sure what pattern I'm going to do yet. They may end up being stripy, but I also have an idea for some slipped stitch colourwork. I will share my progress with you once I've cast on. If you fancy joining in too, all you need to do is tag your photo with #autumnsockalong and tag Helen and Caroline on any photos too so that they can see what you're up to. I'm hoping to get two or three pairs finished so that my feet will be lovely and toasty when the cold weather really starts. xxx






1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

It most certainly is sock season. We were so chilly yesterday that we considered lighting the stove! Luckily, our evening walk and chilli for dinner warmed us up nicely, but it won't be long now. I love your German flag socks. How lovely that you are able to wear Mr. JK's socks; I imagine that it's a huge comfort. Thanks for the sock-a-long info; time I cast on a pair I think. xx