Saturday 19 December 2020

Blogmas Day 19

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ Day 19 πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

I saw a really lovely idea for a Christmas card and tree decoration on Instagram. It’s made by foundation piecing and is very straightforward, even if you’re totally new to this kind of sewing and there’s a really excellent video tutorial that guides you through the whole thing. Of course I’ve left it far too late to make them as cards and gifts for this year, and I don’t really have the energy right now either! But perhaps for Christmas 2021! I had a go at making one, just to try it out and to add a decoration to my tree. Instead of sewing it onto paper, I traced the pattern onto some interfacing so it felt slightly more padded. I didn’t have any thin red ribbon either so had to make do with what I had. But it looks lovely (I think!) and it’s perfect for using up tiny scraps of fabric. You can find a link to the video tutorial here. Let me know if you give it a try! xxx


2 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

What a beautiful idea for a card. I feel that I would only go to that much effort for extra special people though! xx

linnellnickerson@gmail.com said...

That came out really nice. I'll have to view how to make it. Your tree looks lovely! Have a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year ! xo