Sunday 20 December 2020

Blogmas Day 20

 🎄🎄🎄 Day 20 🎄🎄🎄

One thing I have really missed since having to shield is my choral singing. Especially at this time of year, when we would have been giving carol concerts. I love lots of the Christmas carols and never get tired of hearing them and joining in. Mr JK and I always enjoyed the 9 Lessons and Carols service at our local church, and had fun harmonising as much as we could! One of my very favourite carols is The Angels' Carol by John Rutter. It was Mr JK's favourite too and it was one of the pieces that was played at his funeral. I must admit that the first few times I sang it after that, it was a struggle. But it is really beautiful. I'll share it with you here and I hope you enjoy it. xxx




3 comments:

weavinfool said...

I’ve never heard that carol before. Thank you.
Your love and sorrow for Mr JK comes through loud and clear. You had an extrordinary relationship that many never experience. May your soul rejoice in that. Peace to you now and always.

VeggieMummy said...

I do love Rutter's music. I remember hearing that Victoria Wood was a fan too. Enjoy your carols this season. xx

DebbyMc said...

So beautiful, Helen. Thank you for sharing with us ❤️