Friday 1 April 2022

Drifting

I've had a couple of rather unproductive weeks, not able to settle or focus on anything in particular and generally feeling a bit meh! I didn't even make it to the East Anglia Yarn Festival which was held last weekend about 10 minutes drive from home. Part of me wanted to go, but I managed to talk myself out of it. I think that I've spent so much time at home on my own that stepping out into the big wide world again is hard. It all feels like so much effort that it's easier not to bother. I was also feeling a little anxious about an appointment down at King's College Hospital at the start of this week. Because some of my myositis symptoms are unusual, my rheumy consultant referred me to neurology to see if there might be another explanation. I travelled down to London on Sunday with some sock knitting to keep me occupied. I was with the consultant for two whole hours! I don't think that I've ever had such a thorough prodding and poking about. Blood tests have been done and more tests to come, but I'm hoping that these tests will eliminate rather than confirm anything nasty.




I am loving my new mug from Sophie who is Under The Willow Pottery. It is such a comfortable shape to hold, you really feel like you are hugging it. The little yarn ball and 'create' stamped into it are such a lovely design. I'll let you into a secret - Sophie has given me a mug to use as a prize in my fundraising raffles! More details coming very soon!




I bought this mosaic heart from Pretty Little Mosaics recently. Rachel is planning to make some more of these hearts to support the Ukraine humanitarian crisis, so if you'd like to buy one, please keep an eye on her website.




My bag of sock WIPs is sat next to me by the sofa. I've not managed to knit any complete pairs of socks for the rheumatology nurses this month but have several half-pairs! I am back at the hospital on Monday for my third round of infusions. My life just seems to revolve around hospitals at the moment! Let's hope that the cannula gods are smiling on me.




What do you do if you find yourself in a bit of a slump? All suggestions welcome! xxx
 

3 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Golly, such self restraint in missing that yarn festival! I love the socks you were knitting on the train and the little mosaic heart is adorable. Love the mug too! Hopefully there will be more sunny weather again soon to cheer us all up. Good luck with that cannula. xx

zetor said...

When I feel in a slump I try and tell myself 'it will pass' , easier said than done I know.
I hope this coming week is better for you, give that gorgeous kitty some extra strokes, you can give her some from me too, as I think she is beautiful , but I'm sure she already knows that!!!
Take care. xx

Jacquisj said...

When in a slump, do what gives you pleasure rather than what you think you need to do. Maybe with no pressure you will feel more excited to create. Hope the slump passed and the hospital stay was good, cannulas are not my best friend either!