Sunday 11 December 2022

Blogmas Day 11

 🎄🎄🎄 Day 11 🎄🎄🎄


Are you a fan of Christmas cake? My mum made one every year and when I was little, I always preferred the icing to the cake! My taste has changed as I've got older and now I find I prefer the fruit cake to the icing as I find it far too sweet! If you're looking for a delicious fruit cake, I can definitely recommend the Creole Christmas cake by Delia Smith. This is one that Mr JK and I made several years ago. All the fruit soaks in alcohol for a week before you actually bake it, but it is absolutely worth it (and I reckon you've just about got time to make it!) Do you have a favourite Christmas cake recipe? xx






3 comments:

Jennyff said...

I always used our family recipe until many years ago I tasted a friend's Mum's cake and I switched her recipe. Traitor I know but its a lovely rich fruit cake which I don't ice because of course we must eat ours with Wensleydale cheese, which we love.

VeggieMummy said...

Ooh, that cake looks delicious - especially all those nuts on top. I haven't made a Christmas cake for years as my family tend to prefer stollen. Now I'd have to try and find a good vegan recipe! xx

Corinne said...

I used to use the Be-Ro recipe but always found it too crumbly, so when Delia brought out her Christmas book with her traditional Christmas cake recipe, I had to try it. It tastes great and cuts lovely so that's what I've made for years now!