Monday 12 December 2022

Blogmas Day 12

 πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ Day 12 πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

I'm sure that many of you will have this wonderful book, 'The Christmas Chronicles' by Nigel Slater on your bookshelves. I enjoy re-reading it each year. It's set out like a diary beginning on the first day of November and ending at the start of February and allows the reader to have almost a fly-on-the-wall experience of the author's Christmas preparations. He delights in traditions and folklore as well as sharing plenty of delicious recipes. It reminds me that I should slow down and enjoy all of the festive season and be more mindful of everything around me. It is a real treat and if you don't have a copy, put it on your Christmas list right now! xxx




3 comments:

Jane Winter said...

That does look like a good read even for a vegan! I may well treat myself.

Best wishes

Jane

VeggieMummy said...

I love this book! Nigel Slater's writing is every bit as good as his cooking. A real comfort read. xx

DebbyMc said...

I went right over and ordered myself a copy just now! I'm away from home for the next several months, in a cold (for me) and snowy climate, and i think this will make nice cozy reading in the long quiet evenings over this winter. It arrives Thursday, and I can't wait! Thanks for the suggestionπŸ‘πŸŽ„