Wednesday 25 January 2023

All about the stripes

Three pairs of stripy socks have recently come off my needles. I had treated myself to two different skeins of self-striping yarn that had been dyed especially for Advent, the aim being to knit a stripe each day and end up with a finished pair of socks by Christmas Day. I started off with all the right intentions and knit the first few days' stripes. But then I got sidetracked by some gift knitting and put the socks aside. I finished the sock tubes between Christmas and New Year and just needed to add the after-thought heels. So finally they are done and are making my feet very happy indeed! The top pair have been knit using The Yarn Badger's Advent skein, 'Santa's Rainbow', while the second pair have been knit using Spin & Blether's Advent skein, 'Jolly Holibobs!' 





This third pair were knitted following a request from one of my rheumatology nurses who asked if I would knit a pair of stripy socks for her dad. He is in his eighties and loves colourful stripy socks so I hope that these brightened his day! The yarn is a Regia yarn from deep stash. There is something so addictive about knitting with striped yarn - I always want to knit just one more stripe! I need to go stash diving to find some more colourful stripes for my next pair. Do you like self-striping yarn? xxx



 

2 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Wow! You are sock knitting demon! I love all of them. xx

busybusybeejay said...

I love self striping yarn.Barbarax