Sunday 28 April 2019

Oh baby!


Amidst all the secret knitting currently going on at josiekitten hq, I have been busy with some baby knits. Baby Dorothy was born seven weeks ago and I made her a little cardigan and hat using some Stylecraft Merry Go Round yarn in Dark Rainbow. I managed to get both cardigan and hat out of one ball. 









Mum was so pleased with them that she asked if I would knit another one - 'the brighter the better'! So not one to be defeated by a challenge like that, I dived deep  into my stash and found another ball of Merry Go Round, this time in Rainbow. 






The pattern is my own; it's not been published yet as I am working on some more variations at the moment. It's lucky that I've got such a grateful recipient willing to test out my baby knits! I met baby Dorothy or Dottie as she is called this week. She is such a sweetie. I made her a pair of ruby slippers. They are too big at the moment, but at the rate she's growing, it won't be long before she has sparkly toes! The pattern is called Saartje's Bootees and you can find it here on Ravelry. I used Stylecraft's Wondersoft Stardust yarn - it has just the right amount of sparkle - and little star buttons finished them off perfectly. They are so cute, I'd quite like a grown up pair for me!






Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway to win a copy of Tracey Todhunter's book. The random number generator picked PixieFoxtrot as the winner and I have messaged her on Ravelry. There will be another crochet book giveaway soon as I have another of Tracey's brilliant books to review. Catch up with you all again soon. xxx

5 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Lucky baby Dottie - that knitwear is gorgeous. I love the little peaky bit on the hats and the colours are just wonderful. Very appropriate ruby slippers too! xx

Lynne said...

They are adorable. What a lucky little baby! Great job to you. Really enjoyed seeing them. You take care!!

Lynne said...

OMG, these are amazing, and I love the colours in the cardis and hats. And those wee shoes!!! I LOVE them!

Margaret said...

What a fantastic way to finish the top of the hat. I will be trying it next time. (I hate doing pompoms - they never go right for me!)

Jennyff said...

Always good to introduce children to colour and hand knits at an early age, you’ve done little Dottie proud. Those little slippers will be treasured.