Thursday 27 August 2020

Tiny Tassels

 Another day, another finished knit! Get me! I've clearly got far too much time on my hands at the moment. An Instagram friend got in touch to ask me if I would knit her a shawl using a kit that she bought from Loop in London. Having bought the kit, she decided that it was too complicated for her. I said that I'd knit it in exchange for a donation to my FibreFibres fundraising page and Natalie was very happy to do that. The shawl is called Tiny Tassels and it's free to download from the Loop website. You can find the pattern here. They also sell kits to knit the shawl, but you can use any pretty skein of yarn for the shawl and leftovers for the tassels if you prefer. The body of the shawl is pretty quick to knit, being garter rows. You just need to make sure that you're concentrating when you do the yarn overs in the central spine and at each end. I knit that part pretty quickly but left it for a while as I wasn't particularly looking forward to making the tassels. Having read lots of comments about the tassels and how fiddly and time consuming they were, I wasn't looking forward to it! There's a photo tutorial on Loop's blog which is quite helpful. However, I found a great video which showed exactly how to make them and that made the whole thing a lot easier. I marked every 4th stitch on the cast off edge with a stitch marker to show where I needed to put the tassels and once I got going, I found it surprisingly easy to do. The shawl is now on its way to Natalie and I hope she likes it! xxx








2 comments:

DebbyMc said...

I love it! There's something so happy about little tassels 😁

VeggieMummy said...

I love the yarn and the contrasting tiny tassels. xx